Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Some day

Disclaimer: The following thoughts consisting of the following words are many and not all of my own creation. Some come from creative songwriters who have triggered congruent thoughts in my head.

Some day, yeah,
We’ll put it together and we’ll get it undone.
Some day,
When your head is much lighter


your head is much lighter now

Many jobs require set hours. I worked those types of jobs too, but the time-card punching ones fortunately were left for better ones long ago. Often during my career a work crisis/deadline would pressure me to work long hours. Sometimes those extra hours paid off. The downside of crisis managed work is burnout. I left one job because of feeling burned-out. Burning out goes along with heavier thoughts, not a lighter head.

Now my head is much lighter (many parts do seem heavier though). Being retired is a 24 hour, 7 day gig. My mind is going but often my joints resist where it wants to go. My point is my current gig offers plenty of time to ponder. Maybe too much time.



Good lyrics and pondering time mix to create thoughts which I attempt to record/share here on this blog of mine.

You need a pulse to act on an impulse.

While not perfect, a one track mind does have direction.

We’ll put it together once we agree on the direction.

(one more that I have posted before) If your glass is always half empty - get a smaller glass.

In addition to listening to music we now have tweets twittered to the throngs. I’m still holding out of joining the twitter world but Eric Zorn of the Chicago Tribune shares his favorites. Here’s a two recent ones:

"If I ever owned a funeral home, I would name it 'Remains To Be Seen.'

Back in my day, the only people who said stuff like "back in my day" were old people. I sure am glad that's changed

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing